Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Long Day!!

Selena has been the best mom ever today, and Eden was as strong and patient as any two year old could be expected to be. They arrived at the hospital this morning at 8:00am, hoping for an early visit into the procedure room. Unfortunately, for reasons currently unknown, the LP didn't end up getting done until around 2:45pm. We're not wanting to complain, because we are very blessed to be in the position to receive such great care, facilities and treatment, but it's rough on a little one knowing pokes are coming, not getting to eat breakfast, or lunch as it turns out and missing out on the normal noon time nap (by the way, Selena chose not to eat unitl Eden could join her). So as I sit in my office today working, and wondering, and not hearing anything (no reception in the hospital), I was about to go nuts not knowing what was happening!! Luckily, Selena and Eden found their way to a computer to send me an email update. From moms lap, Eden typed me a little note, and as my memory serves me, Eden typed out "afffitin". I translated that into "don't worry daddy, iam doing fine, i love you and i can't wait to see you tonight". {And I love you too Eden!!}

I arrived this afternoon at 6pm sharp. I walk into the room to see mom and Eden hanging out on the bed, Eden hooked up to her IV pole. Her face lite up into a smile, and she gives me a big DADDY!!! Of course, inside my heart sinks, as i am thrilled to see her doing well. After some supper, we were invited into the play room by the Dance Marathon volunteers - PLAYDOH night!!! Since we play with playdoh at home, this hit the spot. After that, we walked the halls some, mom went and got herself a much needed coffee, and Eden slid into her jammies. Her snack tonight included a cup of yogurt while watching Cinderella (that was sent directly per nurse Christine's request . . .she knew it was a rough day).

As for chemo, Eden got one orally tonight and two via her port. The nurse was gowned up like she was going 'Level A' into a building full of hazardous chemicals - and Eden drank the stuff and chased it with two drinks of water. Tonight we have to change her diaper every two hours, so the nurses can monitor her urine output.

With all we've been through, we honestly believe that we're so very blessed, and thankful for all we have and appreciative of your thoughts and prayers for Eden. God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Kurt, Selena, and Eden,
    I am really sad that I missed you guys as I was not working today....I was really looking forward to seeing you last week, bummer huh!!! I sure hope Cinderella hit the spot!!!! Nurse Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update. It's tough and it's not fair. Keep up the good job "you'll". My thoughts and caring are with you Steve J.

    ReplyDelete