Thursday, July 9, 2009

July 9th update

The phase we’ve been talking about over the past couple weeks, delayed intensification, started on Wednesday (of this week). At the clinic on Wednesday, Eden received two different drugs through her port and an LP. One of the chemo drugs she got via her port was red in color, which turned her urine pink for about a day. She doesn't seem to enjoy the clinic as well as she once did. When Selena asked her if she wanted to go see fer friends at the clinic (nurses Mary Lou, Carolyn & Sarah) she commented "come to my house to play."


It is not hard to tell that by looking into Eden’s eyes that fatigue is already setting in. She looks like she's wiped out. Yesterday she took a 5 hour nap, 2 hours is her normal. With that being said, she still shows us that she’s capable of exerting a good deal of effort to keep her herd of animals on the move around the living room!

We're thankful for the different chemotherapy drugs to kill the cancerous cells, but we're also thankful for drugs like Zofran. It is given to Eden every 4 hrs for 24-48 hrs after chemo to combat the side affects of the nausea and vomiting. We’re happy to report that thus far, it’s appeared to work.


Thank you for your continued prayers for our precious little girl!! The Good Lord has been very good to us, and we've been thankful for the good days we've had thus far through our battle with Pre-B Lyphoblastic Leukemia.

3 comments:

  1. I will especially keep you all in my prayers this month. We were told over and over "You can see the light at the end of the tunnel (maintenance)" It helped us to get through that month!

    Christie

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI GUYS! I WAS IN IOWA CITY ON WED. AND JUST MISSED YOU! I WENT TO THE CLINIC AND YOU HAD JUST LEFT! IT'S A WONDER I DID NOT MEET YOU IN THE HALLWAY! I WENT ON UP TO 7TH FLOOR TO SEE JORDAN (AMANDA WERT'S SON). IT'S SO SAD ABOUT HIM! I THINK THEY WERE GOING TO MOVE HIM BACK TO DESMOINES. MY PRAYERS ARE WITH LITTLE EDEN DAILY! TAKE CARE! DIANA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Words can not express my shock and sadness at hearing the news about your precious little girl. On the one hand I know exactly what you are feeling and what you are going through. On the other hand, I can not comprehend what it must be like to have a sick child. Please know you have one more person praying for you and when I start raising money for Light the Night in honor of Kara, I will also be raising money in the hope that Eden gets well. God bless ~ Beth Wilcke

    ReplyDelete