Thursday, July 23, 2009

Day 16

Day 16 of D.I.

Today is day 16 of delayed intensification and Eden is doing okay. Her usually bubbly personality is combined with an uncharacteristical whine. The anti nausea medicine has once again been successful this week as we have combated the vomiting. Thus far she has not complained that her legs hurt or fallen (one of the side effects she experienced during the first round with Vincristine). The rash that had disappeared a couple weeks ago has returned at a much lesser magnitude. We are so thankful that she is doing amazing well, considering the amounts of chemo she is receiving.

Eden is extremely pale (although with my extreme lack of color most of this is inherited), her eyes have little sparkle with dark circles and she is starting to retain some fluid from the steroids. Her little head is covered with hair with the slightest red tint and signs of a curl (we pray that her beautiful red curls will return). The status of her hair is changing as it is starting to fall out again. Kurt and I have been prepared for this however, Eden has been asking for a bow in her hair. I must admit that although I love her little bald head I am looking forward to the return of her little red curls.

Thanks for following Eden's journey, and we appreciate the thoughts and prayers.

2 comments:

  1. The anti nausea drugs were described to me as miracle drugs - they do great things. The Vincristine can be a little rough on the legs. My legs would just stop-litterly, couldn't move. I would stand there and they would start working again. Not to scare you - the side efects are common from what I know. I know the process is difficult. I also can't imagine the anxiety of watching my daughter go through it. My thoughts are with the three of you - keep up the good job. Steve J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Selena,

    Don't fret about the cherished red curls returning. When they do you can always remember what that precious little bald head looks like. Just look at Kurt's

    :-)

    Blessings to you and yours

    ejm

    ReplyDelete