Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Monumental Day in Toddlerhood

Eden had a highly eventful day at home. It was her first time going on the potty (parents, you really appreciate how HUGE this is). We will NOT be pushing this milestone for many reasons including the massive amount of fluids she must receive at night when she is inpatient. Eden was not nearly excited as I was until she got her sticker, a PRINCESS one at that.

Eden continues to impress us with her delightful disposition. Eden got a special surprise delivered today. A signature, American Cancer Society Boyd's bear arrived. We were both delighted! I was overjoyed by the keepsake, ready to put it up as a sweet memento from this time. Eden happened to fall madly in love with the bear and cuddled it throughout the day. ( I guess this is ultimately better.) Thanks for whoever made her day!

Tomorrow is clinic day. We will be celebrating our FINAL lumbar puncture of this round. I have promised the floor staff that I will be having a giant celebration; however, it is 10 o'clock, my eyes are drooping and I have yet to actually plan anything. This doesn't mean that it isn't one of the most monumental events in her treatment. Lumbar punctures could very well be the hardest of procedures that she has to experience (with the exception of bone marrow.)

Until tomorrow . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment