Thursday, May 5, 2011

Almost finished!

Quick update. This past Wednesday, Eden completed the very last of her clinic visits for chemo! She is currently finishing her last round of steroids and by the end of next week she will have reached the very end of her treatment protocol.

Eden has been doing very well over the past several months (other than having to get tubes in her ears). Her hair has grown in red and curly again. She is definitely feeling better, as she seems to run nearly every chance she gets and she is looking forward to getting her port removed real soon.




Selena and I have been looking forward to this point for 2+ years, and now that we are here, we are experiencing mixed emotions. Excitement followed by fear and ultimately followed by being thankful that we are all together. We are absolutely thankful to have been so blessed in so many ways.




Thank you very much for all the thoughts and prayers for our family throughout this journey! We appreciate your support.








4 comments:

  1. Good afternoon Kurt, Selena and Eden,
    I was just thinking about you guys and thought I would check to see if there was an update. What wonderful news!!!!! We are extremely happy for all of you. See you Friday at Evan's party!!!
    Deb, Don, Em and Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What terrific news. I saw Grandma & Grandpa Lundstrum the other day and they said you were doing well....I am so happy for all of you. Continued prayers and blessings for your beautiful family. Kathy Hartwick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news - so happy to hear things are going well. Your mixed emotions are very normal and will grow to a bigger comfort level as good times follow. Great job to all of you. As my doctor said to me -"I love to take these ports out"! Steve J

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to hear things are going well. I think of you 3 often and it's been nice to read your posts to check in. Thanks for the updates! I hope we can get together soon to meet Eden!

    Cathy Stevermer

    ReplyDelete